­

Yeah, so....welcome to the blog of Judith Tewes, young adult contemporary fiction author. Here be edgy stories with a side of snark.

My Fav New Adult Titles Read in 2014

Last Christmas break I went on a new adult fiction reading binge to get a handle on the genre. I discovered, that like any other genre, it has its tropes - you can check out my list of them here. It's powerful to know the tropes / cliches of a genre, especially if you're attempting to write within it. ;)

My new adult reading list grew throughout the year and I discovered titles that drew me in, had me recommending them to friends, made me fall in love, or laugh, or cry, or were so damn good - I even re-read them. But most of all - I learned a ton about what works for me within this genre - and that I was surprisingly comfortable with a wide range of "heat" levels. Some of my favs were downright dirty reads and others remained on the sweet side.

So...in no particular order...here be a few of the standout new adult titles I read in 2014:

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Losing It by Cora Carmack

Amour Amour by Krista and Becca Ritchie

Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A. Tucker

The Shape of My Heart by Ann Aguirre

Game of Love by Melissa Foster

Just One Day by Gayle Forman

Beautiful Bastard by the writing team known as Christina Lauren


Losing Logan by Sherry Ficklin

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

Love, In English by Karina Halle

Escaping Reality by Lisa Renee Jones

Real by Katy Evans

0 comments:

Post a Comment